Hamilton CapTel® 840i Phone
Hamilton CapTel is a simple solution, designed exclusively for individuals with hearing loss, that allows you to listen and read captions of everything said on every call.
Hamilton CapTel® makes it possible to listen while reading word-for-word captions of everything said to a user on the phone – similar to captions on television. As the call proceeds, users can listen to the extent they are able to and respond directly to the other person. Captions appear directly on the large, built-in screen of the phone. This life-changing service is available nationwide, 24/7, and at no cost to the user.
Watch this video to see how it works!Click here to watch video
Captions are generated through voice recognition technology, provided by a live Communications Assistant. High-speed Internet connection and phone service are required to access the captions. The Captioned Telephone service is funded by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) - a government funded agency - so the end user is able to access the service at no cost. With just the purchase of the phone, the captions will always be there for you when you need it, giving you the ability to effectively communicate over the phone.
The Hamilton CapTel 840i phone also offers a number of other valuable features, such as adjustable volume amplification, the ability to save captions for review later and answering machine functionality (those messages are also captioned with just the touch of a button).
The keypad has large, easy-to-use buttons, and you can call out in the same fashion you always have. Your callers do not need any special equipment or a captioned phone in order to call you. It's simple for them, simple for you -- and how wonderful to end the frustration, the need for your callers to repeat what they said, and the urging from you to "Speak louder".
The Captel Captioned Telephone comes with a telephone cord, power adapter (plugs into your regular wall outlet), a five-foot connector cable and a guidebook.
- Users of any captioned telephone must agree to the following statements:
- I have a hearing loss that necessitates IP Captioned Telephone Service to communicate in a manner that is functionally equivalent to communication by conventional voice telephone users.
- I acknowledge and understand that the captioning service is provided by a live communications assistant.
- I acknowledge and understand that the cost of the IP Captioned Telephone Service calls is funded by the TRS Fund through the FCC.
- There's no special equipment to purchase or software to download
- Connects to both your telephone service and your Internet service to give you the best of both worlds: voice and captions
- The captions are provided by a free government funded service that uses the internet connection to automatically display captions for every call, quickly and accurately
- The Captel phone can be positioned anywhere within your wireless network range or it can be connected to your Internet with an Ethernet cable (included)
- Requires telephone service and high-speed internet (WiFi or via Ethernet cable)
- Display features 7" backlit, graphical LCD color display (840 × 480 pixels)
- 4 caption font sizes: Small 0.15", Medium 0.20", Large 0.25", and Extra Large 0.33" Adjustable colors for background, font, and corrections
- Dial Pad features large keys: 0.75" x 0.70"
- Conversation memory features 500 lines of captions
- Also features adjustable volume amplification, answering machine with ability to save captions and call waiting (service required through your telephone service provider)
- Features many more easy to use functions (see set-up guide)
- Weight: 2 lbs. 10 oz.
- Dimensions: 9"L x 6.5"W x 7.5"H
- See what your callers are saying
- Voice-to-text conversion by Communication Assistant
- Large-sized display screen
- Adjustable volume amplification
- Answering machine and ability to save captions
- Call waiting (established through your telephone service provider)
- Large, easy-to-use keypad
By completing this order, you acknowledge that you have high-speed Internet and telephone service where the Hamilton CapTel phone will be used. If you have questions about this or are not sure, please contact 866-759-9612 before completing your order.